Anyone that knows me or my daughters knows that we LOVE to watch movies. It’s not that we go to see every new movie that comes out, but we re-watch our favourites. Over and over and over…..Since the weather has been less that lovely the past few weeks we have been spending most of our time indoors. Thus giving us more than ample time to re-watch our favourite films. When we moved from the US to Germany, we brought a ridiculous amount of DVDs with us, knowing that it would be a challenge to find films in out native English. I am SO glad we did this. There are times that I just need to hear people speaking in English!
I have compiled a list of my All Time, Top Ten Favourites. They are not in any order, they are just my go-to list of movies.
- Stardust. This film is based on the Neil Gaiman book of the same title. I have lost track of how many times I have actually seen the movie, and I never get tired of it.
- InkHeart. This film is based on the books by Cornelia Funke. Again, I can not tell you how many times I have watched this.
- All of the Harry Potter films. Yes all of them.
- Shaun of the Dead.
- Run Fat Boy Run(Clearly I adore Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost)
- PS I Love You. Based on the book by Cecelia Ahern. I am completely unable to watch this without sobbing, complete hysterical sobbing. Yet I watch it again and again and again. I have not read the book, just watched the movie.
- The Pineapple Express.
- Talledega Nights
- Tommy Boy
In truth, I could easily make this more of a Top Fifty list. What are the movies that you love to watch over and over?