I was lucky enough to be nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by The Hot Mess Memoir. Thank you Thank you!! I STRONGLY encourage everyone to take a moment to check out her blog. But, be sure that you have 1. Peed before reading(as not to pee a little during the laughter), and 2. Do not try to eat or drink while reading(we don’t want anyone choking as you laugh hysterically). So, with these simple warnings in place, please check out her blog!
There are just 4 simple rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post. Link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Time to answer the questions, So, here we go!
- Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog as a way to keep in touch with my friends and family back in the States. I wanted them to be able to experience some of the things that we are going through since we moved to Germany. The good and the bad, but it’s been mostly good!
- Leave a link to your favorite post. Why do you like it so much? https://thatblogwherecheriemovestogermany.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/monday-memories-dirk-visits-lake-michigan/ This is currently my favourite. It reminds me of how easy it is for my husband to be happy because he finds joy in everything he does. It also reminds me that I should relax a bit and be a bit more like him.
- Do you have any regrets about your blog? What are they?
I wish that I had started writing it as soon as we arrived to Germany. So much of the first few months have blurred into one big memory. Everything happened so fast. I wish I had documented it all from the beginning.
- What is your current favorite show you are watching? We just finished the Crown and have not started on anything new….yet. I REALLY want to watch the next season of BroadChurch (it was released on Netflix in America, but not Germany!).
- Why Aren’t You Watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Yet?
Because I keep forgetting about this one! I will watch it, I will, I will.
- It’s the end of the world and your bunker will hold 3 more people in it. Who are they? Dirk, Sierra and Cheyenne and I will hide Newt the Cat in my purse.
- I’ve just given you a check for $1,000 (£723.33) and the only caveat is you can’t pay a bill. What do you do with it?
But, I really want to pay a bill with this!! OK, I would buy my tickets to the Blogger’s Bash in May and pay the ridiculous airline prices to fly to London. (Normally, not ridiculously priced, but since a certain Prince decided to get married on the day of the Bash, the tickets have more than tripled. Thus ruining my plans of going to this year’s event. Rant over.)
- You’ve been convicted of a bank robbery and sentenced to 5 years in prison. You are able to select one of the following as your cell mate. Who do you choose and why? Gilbert Godfrey, Mama June or Omarosa.
It doesn’t really matter whom I chose, with any of those roommates I would soon be charged with murder and then placed in isolation.
- Who do you wish followed your blog and why? Everyone, I want everyone to follow my blog. I think this would bring some really interesting comments!
- Apple or Samsung?
No preference really, I currently have an Iphone. (after being without a phone for 6 months!). The only reason I have an IPhone is because my daughter gave me hers when she got a new one.
- What is the last dream you remember? Nothing specific comes to mind, most of my recent dreams have been more like nightmares. Lots of German speaking people, yelling and I have no idea what to do. This actually happens while I am awake too.
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
- Are you a Cat person, or a Dog person? Why?
- What is your dream vacation destination?
- How many languages do you speak and what are they?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your absolute favorite meal (If money were no matter)?
- How many countries have you visited?
- If you could bring back any old sitcom, what would it be?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?(for good or bad)
- How do you take your coffee or tea? Black, sugar, honey, lemon, milk, cream??
- Imagine you have been given a plane ticket to anywhere, but you have to leave right now. You can take whoever is standing beside you and take whatever you have with you. Where do you choose to go?
Here are my nominees(Only 6, It seems like everyone else I could think of has already been nominated). Please do not feel any obligation to accept this, I know that everyone has busy lives! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you, and I read your blogs.